Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Going into the Closet

I've had awesome closets in the past. Except for my first one. That one smelled like leather shoes and I was convinced it was inhabited by a family of mice.



But then we moved and I instantaneously fell in love with a certain room.





It was a hideaway type closet, perfect for escaping reality. As you can imagine, I was pretty devastated when my brother got dibs.







But a few years later, when the room situation shifted again, my dreams came true.





It was great, until I hit a growth spurt...



A few years later I switched rooms to one with a walk-in closet. This happened about the same time as we were watching Gilmore Girls, which gave me inspiration for my new closet.

I had a disco lamp, lava lamp, brightly colored pillows and a poorly made 'Do Not Enter' sign.




Eventually I realized that the more time I spent in the closet, the more stuff I missed. It was harder to eavesdrop and I kept missing the dinner call. And to be honest, most of the time I would have rather been playing video games anyway. 

Plus with all the pillows, it ended up turning into a great napping spot. 

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment