Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The End of Happiness

This weekend, I conquered evil and saved the world.



A little background, Wind Waker HD came out a few weeks ago, which is a remake of my favorite video game ever. It’s a gorgeous game, if you’re not familiar with it, following the quest of Link who is trying to rescue his sister and eventually save the Princess Zelda and the whole world from the forces of the evil Ganondorf.



This weekend, I finally finished it, so I thought I should tell you about it.


I’ve been procrastinating the end because I didn’t want it to be over. The GameCube version was the first video game I ever got to play and I have a million and two fond memories of it. The remake brought all of it back, and I felt like a nerdy ten year old again.



Also I was petrified that I wouldn’t be able to beat the final boss. Because that would horribly humiliating... I have a bad habit of talking up my Wind Waker skills to an annoying point...



But I did beat it. And it was even more amazing than I remembered.



There are a lot of great things about the game, but I really can’t tell you anything because once I get started, it’s really hard to stop... So just go play it. As in, now. Please.



- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment