Friday, October 11, 2013

Downton Trauma

 If you haven't watched season 3 of Downton Abbey don’t read this post. It contains spoilers. Instead go watch Downton Abbey, you’re missing out.


The last season of Downton Abbey was traumatic. When a certain character died a few episodes in I was shocked and sad and angry. I spent the next week just feeling down. But I did console myself with the thought that the rest of the main characters were safe for the rest of the season. It would be too cruel to kill off anyone else. 

Yeah. Don’t come to me for predictions of the future with tv shows. Months and months later I still haven’t recovered from the last episode. 

In the first few months after it aired we were kind of numb. Every time something awful happened or a character would die in a tv show it seemed insignificant in comparison to Downton Abbey.


 After that we started overreacting to tv shows.



To this day we still have a few irrational fears.



And general paranoia and trust issues toward tv.


- Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment